Abi Kattel Memorial Academic scholarship has been granted to students attending an accredited college or university in the United states or beyond. The scholarship is on the need basis not merit basis.
ABI KATTEL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Academic Scholarship (amount $1,000)
For college bound High School Graduates
Application and Selection Information
Currently accepted in an undergraduate program at an institution for higher learning.
- Proof of graduation from high school at the time of application.
- Applicants must be full/part-time students in an educational institution.
- Application must be postmarked no later than June 15 of the year.
A complete application package including the following documents:
- Completed application form in English
- An acceptance letter (a copy) from an accredited college or university.
- One reference letter (from the school)
- High School Transcripts
- Typed, double-spaced essay (not more than two pages)
- One page Extra curricular activities (as per application form)
Mail the completed application with attachments to the Foundation at the following address:
Abi Kattel Memorial Foundation – Scholarship Program
12197 Sunset Point Circle
Wellington, FL 33414
- The scholarship application review will begin June 30 of the year by the Abi Kattel Memorial Scholarship committee (three members).
- The Abi Kattel Memorial Scholarship committee chair will notify (electronically) the Award Recipient by August. Award amount will be mailed to the recipient not later than September 30 of that year.
Note: No applications or associated documentation will be returned to applicants. Recipient’s photo and name will be posted on the Abi Kattel Memorial Foundation website (www.abikattelfoundation.org).
Once the recipient receives an award winning notification she/he should
respond a letter of acceptance (including the required documents of
the AKMF scholarship) within a month along with a photo to post on the website.
Important: Unable to receive a letter of acceptance from the recipient within a month will be considered as declining the scholarship award. In such cases, an alternate candidate will be awarded the AKM scholarship.